Monday, January 24, 2011

2012 Saskatchewan Wildlife Calendar by Wayne Shiels




I am SOOO excited to introduce this very special SK Wildlife Calendar to you that portrays the great photography of my good friend Wayne Shiels.  Wayne was my Grade 6 teacher many years ago at Warman Elementary School and years later when we moved back to Warman in 2001, I came across a SK calendar with a couple of his photos in it.  I couldn’t believe that thee SK photographer Wayne Shiels, and my teacher Mr. Shiels, were one and the same.  Mr. Shiels has been a photographer mentor to me, encouraging me in nurturing my photography skills and sharing my photographs with others.  When the dream of having my photos in calendars came true in 2007, and then creating 2 of my own calendars for 2008, Mr. Shiels was one of the 1st persons I showed the finished product to.  In this 5 year Celebration of creating SK Calendars, inviting Mr. Shiels to create a SK Wildlife calendar as part of the 2012 package, is truly an honor.  In this way I would like to pay tribute to the incredible photography that God has gifted him with. J  “I really appreciate the opportunity Lisa has given me to be a part of this outstanding line of SK Calendars. Growing up on a farm in SK, I developed a love for nature.  It is a beautiful world that God has created and I’ve always enjoyed taking pictures of wildlife.  Lisa has been an inspiration to me and we both share an incredible passion for God, His Creation and His Love for us all, and of course photography J ...as well as a passion for Camp Kadesh.”  Camp Kadesh at Christopher Lake, SK is a great family ministry that is so dear to my heart, as well as to Wayne’s heart. A percentage of the sales of this Wildlife Calendar will be donated to the camp in recognition of the incredible passion they have of sharing God’s love with kids, both young & old....even seniors. We trust this calendar will be a blessing to you!

Lisa Braun......and Wayne Shiels  :-)


If you'd like to order these calendars, please contact me at lisaspics@sasktel.net




Cover - Codette Lake, SK


January - Warman, SK


February - Weirdale, SK


March - Saskatoon, SK


April - Christopher Lake, SK


May - Saskatoon, SK


June - Prince Albert National Park, SK


July - Prince Albert National Park, SK


August - Prince Albert National Park, SK


September - Saskatoon, SK


October - Waskesiu Lake, SK


November - Danielson Provincial Park, SK


December - Pike Lake Provincial Park, SK

2 comments:

Ritchie said...

Hi friends,

Wao.......how nice many type of animals. Looking very stylish and gorgeous. It is really eye catching.

Wildlife Photographer

Unknown said...

I am trying to Contact Wayne Shiels
Do you have an e mail address or telephone number ?

Thank you

Valerie Wilkinson VALAN PHOTOS