Wednesday, April 11, 2012

2013 Saskatchewan Classics




Cover - taken near Saskatoon, SK
1971 Olds 442 (W30), 55 Chev PickUp, 68 Chevelle SS396


January - photo taken at Saskatoon, SK
1963 Chev Corvair Manza 900 Convertible
member of the Saskatoon Antique Auto Club


February - photo taken at Shell Lake, SK
1969 Plymouth Barracuda


March - taken at Saskatoon, SK
1972 Plymouth Cuda
member of the Saskatoon Antique Auto Club


April - photo taken at Warman, SK
1957 Chevrolet Nomad


May - photo taken near Saskatoon, SK
1969 Oldsmobile 442


June - taken at Shell Lake, SK
1956 Ford Truck F100


July - photo taken at Saskatoon, SK
1970 Mustang Boss 302




August - taken near Saskatoon, SK
1969 Chevelle SS396


September - photo taken in Saskatoon, SK
1961 Thunderbird


October - taken at Saskatoon, SK
1940 Ford Coupe


November - photo taken near Waldheim, SK
1959 Ford Galaxy


December - taken at Warman, SK
1966 Nova Chevrolet


Oh, what fun I had creating a black and white calendar for 2012 with the Hidden Treasures. :) That was so fun!! But, I also had numerous guys missing the color classics as well. Sooo...it's back for the 2013 lineup of SK Calendars!!

My hubby and I often enjoy walking through a car show on a warm summer day. It's always so interesting to meet the car owners and hearing their stories. At a Father's Day Show n Shine at Cornerstone Church in Saskatoon a couple summers ago, I heard a real interesting story that I'd like to share with you. "In the summer of 1961, Isabelle Kleckner won a '61 T-Bird through a contest she had entered, when their son Randy was 7 years old. The car was shipped from Toronto to Jubilee Ford and they picked up the the keys for it on a very cold day in November. Unfortunately the car had to be sold two years later but they were given the opportunity to buy it back 22 years later!! Randy loved that car as a 7 year old boy and now at the age of 58, it's still his pride and joy!" Isn't that a great story?? :) When I heard it, I knew I needed to share it with you too.

But every classic in this calendar has a story behind it. I love hearing them. Many of them have sentimental value and have often been in the family for years. Others have been found as a hidden treasure and built up and restored to what it is today. Hours of hard work have often been put into these classics.

Memories are built over the years with family and friends. Many of those memories happen because we've been able to drive somewhere. So often we take for granted the freedom that we have to drive a vehicle and the many roads we get to drive them on. I thank God each day that I am able to drive and now that my teenage kids are driving/learning to drive, I get to spend a lot of time praying for their safety on those same roads that we've been driving for years. We've had the privilege of driving numerous classics in years gone by and have built many wonderful memories of those times from when our kids were younger. I treasure them dearly....and yes, I've taken lots of photos as well. :)  Treasure the memories my friends. Enjoy the good things of life, thank God for them daily and remember to pray through the more challenging times.

I'm thankful to all the owners of the classics in this calendar who've allowed me to share these photos with you. If you have great classics that you'd like me to photograph for future calendars, please contact me through my email below.

Blessings to you all!!
Lisa Braun 

No comments: